Daddy First Look: Arjun Rampal Looks Intense in Political Crime Drama
Arjun portrays the gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli, and flaunts long tresses, a beard and an intense look to play the part.
Image: Twitter/Arjun Rampal
Mumbai: Actor Arjun Rampal poses for a mug shot as mafia don Arun Gawli in a new poster of Daddy, announcing the film's release on July 21.
Arjun portrays the gangster-turned-politician Arun Gawli and flaunts long tresses, a beard and an intense look to play the part. The movie also features Farhan Akhtar and Aishwarya Rajesh.
— arjun rampal (@rampalarjun) June 12, 2017
A political crime drama film, "Daddy" is co-written and directed by Ashim Ahluwalia.
A description of the movie reads in a statement: "The story is about Gawli, a man who scripted his own destiny, eventually going on to become one of India's most feared mobsters. Now, he remains an enigmatic figure; at once a volatile, power-hungry gangster for some and the venerated 'Daddy' or a modern day Robin Hood for the working-class neighbourhood he belongs to."
It is narrated from multiple perspectives and spans over four decades.
Recommended For You
- Asian Games: India Lose to Bahrain in Preliminary Men's Handball
- Asian Games: Indian Coaches Live in Past, Need Foreign Help, Says Yogeshwar
- As a Rebellious Writer, Nawazuddin Siddiqui is Tremendously Fierce in Manto Trailer. Watch Video
- DeepMind AI Can Detect Over 50 Eye Diseases as Well as Your Doctor Can
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 For Rs 7,990 on Airtel: Here Are The Details