Dangal Domestic Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 375 Crore
Dangal is based on the life of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat.
A still from Dangal.
Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama Dangal -- which has already garnered the "highest grosser of Hindi cinema" -- is going strong at theatres even after four weeks since its release. The film had raked in Rs 376.14 crore at the domestic box office till Friday.
The Nitesh Tiwari directorial, which released on December 23 last year, has become the first Bollywood film to cross the Rs 375 crore mark after collecting Rs 1.19 crore on its fifth Friday in theatres, read a statement issued on behalf of the makers.
Dangal is based on the life of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat. It has been lauded by the audiences for its powerful portrayal of the story of Phogat, who, much to the disapproval of his wife and his whole village, trained his daughters Geeta and Babita to wrestle.
Apart from Aamir, the film features Fatima Sana Shaikh, Sanya Malhotra and Sakshi Tanwar.
Recommended For You
- This Newlywed Couple Sang Jagjit and Chitra Singh's 'Punjabi Tappe' With a Personal Twist
- Natalie Portman's Avengers Endgame Premiere Appearance Has Fans Guessing About Jane Foster's Return
- Bajrang Punia Wins India's 1st Gold Medal at Asian Wrestling Championships
- Ranveer Singh Holding Deepika Padukone's Sandals is Ultimate Couple Goals
- Aamir Khan Surprises Co-passengers by Flying Economy Class, Watch Video
Countdown To Elections Results
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results