Dangal Domestic Box Office Collection Crosses Rs 375 Crore
Dangal is based on the life of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat.
A still from Dangal.
Mumbai: Bollywood superstar Aamir Khans sports drama Dangal -- which has already garnered the "highest grosser of Hindi cinema" -- is going strong at theatres even after four weeks since its release. The film had raked in Rs 376.14 crore at the domestic box office till Friday.
The Nitesh Tiwari directorial, which released on December 23 last year, has become the first Bollywood film to cross the Rs 375 crore mark after collecting Rs 1.19 crore on its fifth Friday in theatres, read a statement issued on behalf of the makers.
Dangal is based on the life of wrestler Mahavir Singh Phogat. It has been lauded by the audiences for its powerful portrayal of the story of Phogat, who, much to the disapproval of his wife and his whole village, trained his daughters Geeta and Babita to wrestle.
Apart from Aamir, the film features Fatima Sana Shaikh, Sanya Malhotra and Sakshi Tanwar.
Recommended For You
- Microsoft Surface Go is Coming Soon to India, Will be Available Exclusively on Flipkart
- PUBG Vikendi Snow Map to be Released on 20 December 2018: Watch Video
- Boney Kapoor to Back Ajith Kumar Starrer Tamil Remake of 'Pink'
- Tech And Auto Awards 2018: SUV/MPV Of The Year
- Top 5 Android Smartphones Under Rs 10,000 From Honor, Realme, Xiaomi And More to Buy This Christmas
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s