Deepika Padukone on Her Equation with Katrina Kaif: I have Made My Peace with Her
Deepika Padukone says she has a lot of respect for Katrina Kaif.
Image: Special Arrangement
They may have been in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor at different points in their lives but both Katrina Kaif and Deepika Padukone are long past their discomfort and grievances with each other.
Talking about her current equation with Kartrina, Deepika—who’d invited her to her Mumbai reception—told Filmfare, "A lot of water has flown under the bridge. For me, just the fact that she came and was very present was gracious.”
“I've always been fond of her. You know, just the way that she's been over the years, and with her work and I have a lot of respect for that. I made my peace with her," she said.
Earlier, Katrina also spoke warmly of Deepika to Pinkvilla in an interview. Revealing details about Deepika and Ranveer Singh’s Mumbai reception, she said, "I was invited by them for sure and the instinct in my heart was to go, I felt I would like to go. There was no other thought behind it.”
“We had very nice, warm and a happy night. There was a lot of love and we all danced and ate and had great fun! I was there till the wee hours of the morning,” she added.
On the professional front, Deepika will next be seen as an acid attack survivor in a Meghna Gulzar film. She was last seen alongside Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s Padmaavat.
Katrina, meanwhile, will soon be seen alongside Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma in Aanand L Rai’s Zero.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Recommended For You
- All Variants of The Apple iPhone XR Get Completely Sold Out on Day One of Amazon Prime Day Sale
- Tom Holland's Spider-Man Far From Home Earns Rs 73.16 Crores in 11 Days
- Gauri Khan and Son AbRam Visit Bandra's Mount Mary Church for Sunday Mass
- I'm Probably Most Hated Father in New Zealand - Stokes' Dad Reacts After Win
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: TCL's 2019 Edition of 4K TVs Starting Rs 25,999 With Amazon Alexa Built-in