Deepika Padukone Wraps Up Chhapaak’s Shoot, Calls it her ‘Most Precious' Film
Directed by Meghna Gulzar, Chhapaak will release on January 10, 2020.
Actress Deepika Padukone has completed shooting for her upcoming film Chhapaak, which is based on the life of an acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal.
Deepika took to social media on Tuesday to make the announcement. She wrote, "It's a wrap on the most precious film of my career. Chhapaak." The Piku actress shared a group photograph with the post.
Her husband, actor Ranveer Singh was quick to respond. Sharing his excitement for the film, he commented, "Can't wait to witness the magic."
Directed by Meghna Gulzar, Chhapaak will release on January 10, 2020. It stars actor Vikrant Massey as Laxmi’s partner Aloke Dixit. Notably, it will be the first time that the two will be seen on screen together.
On her role, Deepika had earlier said, "It's a very important story and it's a true life incident, so hopefully good things will come out of it."
Mainly shot in Delhi and Mumbai, Chhapaak also marks Deepika’s debut as a producer. Deepika was last seen alongside Ranveer and Shahid Kapoor in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s controversial magnum opus Padmaavat in January last year.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked
- Sara Ali Khan Shares Glimpses of Her Sri Lankan Getaway with Quirky Captions
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy