Lion Movie Review: An Incredible Story of Victory Against Odds
Divya Pal of News18 Movies is inside the theater to let you know if Lion lives up to its Oscar nominations.
A still from Lion.
There is no denying the fact that grief is an indescribable emotion, and films that are accurate in capturing it and depicting it in the most convincing way, are the ones that can move you to tears.
Garth Davis’ Lion isn’t just an emotional film which will tear you up inside, but also a heartwarming mother-son tale that offers a compelling, refreshing take on the trite idea of never being able to reunite with families.
Lion is based on the real story of a 5-year-old Indian boy who got lost and eventually, separated from his family. How he makes every attempt to find his real family again with the help of Google Earth is what the film so intriguing. The film's story has been taken from on India-born Australian businessman Saroo Brierley's non-fiction work A Long Way Home - a memoir wherein he explains how he found his biological mother over two decades after he was accidently separated from her and his family.
But does the film really live up to its Oscar nominations? Has it done full justice to the genre of films that are based on real-life events? Will the film's impressive star cast - Nicole Kidman, Rooney Mara, Dev Patel, Deepti Naval, Nawazuddin Siddiqui and Tannishthha Chatterjee - add value to it? Divya Pal is inside the theater to live tweet the experience.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh Look Happy and Radiant in These Wedding Pictures: See Here
- Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas’ Sangeet Details Revealed, Here’s Who’ll Choreograph the Ceremony
- Bigg Boss 12: Karanvir Bohra Feels Left Out after Dipika Kakar, Sreesanth Team Up to Save Themselves From Nominations
- Here’s Everything You Need to Know About Priyanka Chopra-Nick Jonas’ Wedding Venue
- Subramanian: The Trial, Tribulation & Triumph of Ankit Bawne