Dhanush Mum on Possibility of Rajinikanth Joining Politics
Actor Dhanush avoided questions on the prospect of his father-in-law and Tamil superstar Rajinikanth joining politics.
A file photo of actor Dhanush.
Mumbai: Actor Dhanush avoided questions on the prospect of his father-in-law and Tamil superstar Rajinikanth joining politics.
Last month, Rajinikanth hinted that he might join politics, saying, he did not have any political aspirations but "if God wills it, I will enter politics tomorrow."
Asked about his opinion on whether Rajinikanth should take the plunge in politics, Dhanush, in the city last evening to launch the trailer of his upcoming Tamil film VIP 2, said, "You have seen the invite (of the trailer launch) and it said no questions about politics."
When further asked if actors should join active politics, Dhanush said, "Do you have an opinion on why they shouldn't? So, I have my opinion, you stick to yours and I will stick to mine."
Also present at the trailer launch was Rajinikanth's daughter Soundarya, who has directed the film, and Kajol, who co-stars in the comedy-drama.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it