Didn't know I, Tonya Was a True Story: Margot Robbie
Margot Robbie found later that story of her new movie was a true story and not a fiction one.
Margot Robbie attends the TIME 100 Gala, celebrating the 100 most influential people in the world, at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center on Tuesday, April 25, 2017, in New York. (Image: AP)
Los Angeles: Australian actor Margot Robbie said she didn't know her new movie I, Tonya was based on a real-life story.
Margot, 27, stars as former American ice skater Tonya Harding - who pleaded guilty to hindering the prosecution following an attack on her rival Nancy Kerrigan in 1994 - in the Craig Gillespie-directed film.
Speaking to Variety, Margot said, "I didn't realize it was a true story. I thought it was complete fiction, just a wacky story. And then I found out it was all true and I was even more fascinated."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'They Play With Your Dignity': Cristiano Ronaldo Says he Was Embarrassed by Rape Allegations
- 22 Years and Countless Battles Later, Ash Ketchum Has Finally Become a Pokémon Master
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022
- Liam Hemsworth Came to Know of Miley Cyrus' Decision to Split from Social Media
- Dream Girl Box Office Day 4: Ayushmann Khurrana Sets New Benchmark