Dilip Kumar's Health is Improving, Confirm Doctors
Dilip Kumar was admitted to the hospital on August 2 due to dehydration and urinary tract infection.
File photo of Dilip Kumar and Saira Bano. (Image: Twitter/Dilip Kumar)
Mumbai: Doctors treating legendary thespian Dilip Kumar, who is undergoing treatment for kidney-related problems, are happy with the progress in his health, a senior official from the Lilavati Hospital here said on Tuesday.
"He is improving. His creatinine levels have come down further and doctors are happy with the progress in his health," said Ajay Kumar Pande, Vice President, Lilavati Hospital.
The 94-year-old is currently in the ICU of the hospital.
Asked about when is he likely to be discharged from the facility, Pande said: "It is not yet decided. But it may be discussed tomorrow."
The thespian was admitted to the hospital on August 2 due to dehydration and urinary tract infection. High potassium and creatinine levels had raised concerns that he may have to be put on dialysis, but doctors decided against it after he started responding well to treatment.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Airtel TV App Rebranded to Airtel XStream; More Than 350 Live TV Channels in Tow
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More