Doing Sword-Fighting Stunts Myself In Manikarnika, Says Atul Kulkarni
Kangana Ranaut will be next seen in Manikarnika opposite Atul Kulkarni.
A file photo.
Hyderabad: Actor Atul Kulkarni has been roped in to play Ramchandra Pandurang Tope, better know as Tatya Tope in upcoming film Manikarnika - The Queen of Jhansi. He says he is doing all his sword-fighting stunts himself.
Directed by Krish, the film features actress Kangana Ranaut as Rani Laxmibai.
"After Kangana in the title role, Atul has the most powerful role in Manikarnika. He has been learning horse-riding and sword-fighting alongside Kangana and since they are both shown to be fighting from the same side in the war, the two of them spent a lot of time getting into the combined collaborative mode," a source said.
Atul, who earlier played Ramprasad Bismil in Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra's Rang De Basanti, said: "This is something I've never done before. I am doing all my sword fighting stunts myself. My body-double hired to do the stunts just sits around on the sets doing nothing."
Recommended For You
- Ranbir Kapoor, Deepika Padukone to Star in Luv Ranjan's Next? These Pictures Say So
- Arbaaz Khan on Divorce from Malaika Arora: This Doesn't Mean We Will Hate Each Other
- Will Ravi Shastri Continue As India’s Head Coach?
- Reliance Jio Q1 Results: Users Consume More Data Per Month as Jio Overtakes Airtel
- Gabriella Demetriades Shares Adorable Pic of Arjun Rampal Holding Their Newborn Son, See Here