Donald Glover Comments on Willy Wonka Casting Rumors
Actor Donald Glover has opened up about rumours surrounding his casting in the reboot of "Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory".
Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian in a scene from "Solo: A Star Wars Story." (Image: Lucasfilm via AP)
Actor Donald Glover has opened up about rumours surrounding his casting in the reboot of Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory.
The Atlanta star was asked about rumours of him joining the reboot of the classic film which will be helmed by Paul King.
"There's been a lot of Willy Wonkas, so I would have to think about it on some level. But it's cool that people are thinking about me," he told Entertainment Tonight.
"It kind of terrified me as a child a little bit. It was a really scary movie to me. I mean, I watched it a lot but I was kind of terrified by it. I mean, you know, it's a classic," Glover said.
The 1971 musical fantasy film, directed by Mel Stuart, featured Gene Wilder as Willy Wonka, the mysterious, mephistophelean owner of a chocolate factory, who dupes spoiled children into ironic fates. His performance in the song Pure Imagination is widely considered a classic film moment.
It was rebooted again by Warner Bros in 2005 and featured Johnny Depp and Freddie Highmore.
Recommended For You
- Kabir Singh Box Office Collection Day 5: Shahid Kapoor-Kiara Advani's Film Enters Rs 100 Crore Club
- Real Life Kraken? Giant Elusive Squid Caught on Camera by Scientists in Deep Sea
- Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas Take Dinner Dressing to Next Level in Matching Black Outfits
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- AIFF's Denial to Rumours of ISL Getting Top Division Status is Appalling: I-League Champions Chennai City FC
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s