Drew Barrymore on Her Daughters Pursuing Acting: I Just Want Them to Have a Normal Childhood
Drew Barrymore has two daughters Olive and Frankie.
Drew Barrymore. (Image: Reuters)
Hollywood star Drew Barrymore says her daughters, Olive and Frankie, are “very theatrical” and enjoy coming on film sets. The 44-year-old actor said she can sense her children are interested in pursuing acting.
“They’re very theatrical. They definitely have a Barrymore gene strong within the two of them, but they’re funny and they’re cool and they’re adventurous and they love coming to set,” Barrymore told Us Weekly.
The Santa Clarita Diet actor, who shot to fame as a child star with Steven Spielberg’s E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, said she never wanted her kids to choose the profession. She, however, is okay with them joining the industry at an “appropriate age”.
“I always thought the second they were born like, ‘Oh God, I don’t want you to be an actress.’ But what I really realised is that I just don’t want them to not have a childhood.
“If they were to go into acting in an appropriate age, I’d be, like, the most supportive, fiercest lion for it… Now I’m like, ‘If you want to do that and go into theatre in high school and do that for a living, I’m behind you.’ I just want them to have, like, a normal childhood,” Barrymore said.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes