Driver Recklessness Caused Crash Injuring Kevin Hart, Says Report
Jared Black was turning on to Mulholland Highway near Malibu when he accelerated and lost control while driving the comic actor’s 1970 Plymouth Barracuda with Hart and the driver’s fiancee as passengers.
Image of Kevin Hart, courtesy of Instagram
nvestigators say a man driving Kevin Hart’s vintage muscle car accelerated recklessly on a Southern California highway, causing the September accident that left the comedian, driver and another passenger seriously injured.
A California Highway Patrol report released Thursday says Jared Black was turning on to Mulholland Highway near Malibu when he accelerated and lost control while driving the comic actor’s 1970 Plymouth Barracuda with Hart and the driver’s fiancee as passengers on Sept. 1. The car then careened down an embankment and slammed into a tree.
Investigators say it appears no one in the car was wearing a seatbelt.
The CHP says the 40-year-old Hart had major back injuries.
Hart released a statement later Thursday saying he has nothing but love for Black and wishes him a speedy recovery.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- Police Drama or Unsafe Abortion? The Complicated Choice For Pregnant, Indian Teenagers
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- Soni Razdan and Mukesh Bhatt React to Fake Wedding Card of Alia and Ranbir Kapoor
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge