Ed Sheeran on Grammys Snub: Maybe This isn't My Year
Ed Sheeran has previously won Grammy for his song "Thinking Out Loud".
Image: REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
Los Angeles: Ed Sheeran may have received only two Grammy nods, both for pop categories, but the singer said he is not disappointed.
During an appearance on Ellen DeGeneres talk show, the singer, who has previously won Grammy for his song Thinking Out Loud, said, "Maybe this year isn't my year."
"My outlook on it is some years you have your year and some years you don't have your year," he added.
When DeGeneres said that one of the album's hits, Shape Of You, did not leave her head, Sheeran replied saying for him the biggest award is that people are still enjoying his songs.
"That's where you win. That's where the validation comes from. You actually see people enjoying the songs. I'd rather have a lifetime of people coming up to me and saying, 'This song is my wedding song,' or 'this song was my first kiss'," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Joe Jonas Celebrates James Bond Themed Birthday with Priyanka Chopra, Nick Jonas and Sophie
- Captain America's Peggy Carter Says Her Story with Steve Rogers Had Fitting End in Avengers Endgame
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it