Eddie Redmayne Doesn't Think About His Audience
Oscar-winner Eddie Redmayne doesn't think about the audiences of his film.
Eddie Redmayne in The Danish Girl
British star Eddie Redmayne has said that he doesn't think about the audience when it comes to picking the next film he will star in. Redmayne says he goes by his instincts when it comes to taking up a project, reports femalefirst.co.uk. "I'm really embarrassed to say that I don't think about the audience when I choose a job. I tend to react to a script and go on an instinct, and whether I find it entertaining. Is it a film I'd be interested in seeing?" said Redmayne.
He added, "I'm an old fan of Aardman's from everything, so it was a bit of a no-brainer. But their capacity to be so inclusive, audience-wise, is a wonderful thing. It's a rare, special thing a family film where every generation can take something from it. It's one of the things I enjoy seeing."
The new Aardman movie, which was helmed by Nick Park, follows Dug and his sidekick Hognob who must unite their tribe against a mighty enemy, the Bronze Age. And Redmayne said that he would love to make another Aardman movie. He said, "Genuinely, with Aardman, I'd be there! But I just laughed when I read the script. A lot. And also, the past few films I've done, generally the scripts don't make me laugh massively. This was just so refreshing. I suppose Dug is the straight guy, but one of the wonderful things about making the film for me, the first session I could go there and Nick and I were working on what his voice might be. Then Nick records an 'eh?' and 'uh?', and then I'd come back a week or two later, and they'd have animated it and Dug would be really funny!"
Recommended For You
- CBFC Gives 'A' Rating to Shahid Kapoor's Kabir Singh, Asks to Modify Drug Snorting Scene
- Bharat Box Office Collection Day 14: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif Film Earns Rs 201.86 Crore
- Can You Trust Facebook’s Libra Cryptocurrency? Initial Regulatory Indicators Aren’t Exactly Positive
- This DC Modified Mahindra Marazzo Can Make a Luxury Private Jet Shy
- Apple Rolls Out The iOS 13 Beta 2 For Developers: Here is Everything That it Brings to Your iPhone
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s