Elton John Biopic to Release in May 2019
Taron Egerton is portraying John at various stages of his life, which includes a five-decade long career.
A file photo of Sir Elton John.
London: Rocketman, a biopic on living legendary musician Elton John, will release on May 17, 2019.
Taron Egerton is portraying John at various stages of his life, which includes a five-decade long career. Paramount Pictures has announced the musical movie will hit cinemas on May 17, 2019, reports deadline.com.
Dexter Fletcher is directing the film from a script by Lee Hall. John is producing it with Marv Films and Matthew Vaughn alongside the singer's Rocket Pictures partner and husband David Furnish.
Shooting on the project will begin in August and Egerton will be singing some of John's most famous compositions himself for it.
Discussing the tone of the movie, the 28-year-old British actor has teased that it will be a "fantasy musical" inspired by the musician's journey to the top rather than a straightforward biopic.
Recommended For You
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Toni Kroos Relieved to Make Amends for Germany
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Serbia Coach Calls for Referee 'to be Tried in the Hague'
- Will Ranbir Kapoor Tie the Knot With Alia Bhatt in 2020? Here is the Actor's Answer
- Ocean's 8 Film Review: All-Female Cast Let Down By Male Director and Production Crew
- Opinion - Why 2019 Suzuki Jimny Makes a Perfect Case for the Indian Market?