Emilia Clarke Finds Strong Characters Exciting
The actress, famous for essaying Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones, will be seen as Qi'ra in Solo: A Star Wars Story
A still from Game Of Thrones.
Los Angeles: Actress Emilia Clarke says it is exciting to play a strong female character in "Solo: A Star Wars Story".
The actress, famous for essaying Daenerys Targaryen in Game of Thrones, will be seen as Qi'ra in the film.
"It is really exciting. As someone who has taken on characters that already exist, which can be really daunting and scary, it's been really fun to slip a new character in here that is integral to a character that we all know so well," Clarke said in a statement to IANS.
"I did a lot of research and I kind of geeked up on a lot of stuff because I wanted to get it right."
On how she got involved with the film, she said: Seeing 'The Force Awakens' was incredible. It's such an incredible piece of work and so stunning, because of how great Lucasfilm can make things look onscreen now.
"So it's this beloved story that you've grown up with that's been given a whole new makeover, and an opportunity to be part of that is too good to miss."
"Solo: A Star Wars Story" tells the story of how Han Solo met his future copilot Chewbacca before the events in the original 1977 "Star Wars". The film is the second anthology film after 2016's "Rogue One". The project is directed by Ron Howard.
It also stars Alden Ehrenreich, Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Donald Glover, Thandie Newton, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Paul Bettany. The film will release in India on May 25.
Recommended For You
- Rajinikanth's 2.0 Puts Up Strong Total in Weekend 2, Sushant-Sara's Kedarnath Holds Well
- Christmas Melody or Date-rape Song? Radio Stations Review 'Baby It's Cold Outside' in Light of #MeToo
- 'Try Something New, Come to Italy' - Ronaldo's Challenge to Messi
- T-shirts Inside Out, No Abuse, Greet People With a Namaste: Special Daily Whatsapp Instructions for Indian Hockey Team
- Scientists Decode How to Survive in Game of Thrones
Countdown To Elections Results
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results