Environment At Yerwada Central Jail Is Very Disciplined: Farhan Akhtar
Farhan Akhtar says the environment at Yerwada Central Jail is very disciplined and neat.
Image: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Actor Farhan Akhtar says the environment at Yerwada Central Jail is very disciplined and neat.
He added that the officials "try and develop a skill in each inmate before they get released so as to build their self-belief".
Farhan went to the jail in Pune to release a song of his forthcoming movie Lucknow Central in August. The actor spoke about his experience in an episode of MTV Beats' "Baba Ki Chowki", read a statement.
"The environment at Yerwada is very disciplined and neat. The emphasis on reform is very critical and they try and develop a skill in each inmate before they get released so as to build their self-belief," Farhan said.
"There is a small room in Yerwada where they have an in-house Radio Jockey. The inmates shared that Sanju (Sanjay Dutt) used to spend a lot of time there and entertain everyone by singing and telling stories of positivity," he added.
Sanjay served the remainder of his five-year sentence for possessing illegal arms in the March 12, 1993, Mumbai serial bomb blasts case, at the Yerwada Central Jail.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- Hrithik Roshan, Sussanne Khan Step Out Together for Sunday Brunch with Kids, See Pics
- NASA Satellite Images Show Fires Still Burning May Be Reason for Poor Air Quality in North India
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz