Fantastic Beasts Actor Ezra Miller Shares #MeToo Story: They Gave Me Wine, I Was Underage
Ezra Miller says the people who abused him as an adolescent were ‘monsters’.
Ezra Miller has starred in films like We Need to Talk About Kevin and The Perks of Being a Wallflower. (Image: Instagram)
Sharing his #MeToo story for the first time, Fantastic Beasts actor Ezra Miller has revealed that he was sexually abused as a minor.
Recounting how an unnamed director and producer took advantage of him when he was not even 18, Miller told The Hollywood Reporter that it was about time people in Hollywood knew what kind of behaviour is acceptable and what is not.
“It’s a great fu*kin’ age of being like, ‘You know what? That shit’s unacceptable,’ And it’s amazing for a lot of us to watch. ‘Cause, like, we all knew it was unacceptable when we fu*king survived it. That’s what Hollywood is. I thought we all knew we were sex workers,” he said.
“They gave me wine and I was underage,” Miller recounted, without taking any names. “They were like, ‘Hey, want to be in our movie about gay revolution?’ And I was like, ‘No, you guys are monsters’,” he added.
Miller praised the #MeToo movement for being a watershed moment that spelt the downfall of many a stalwarts like Harvey Weinstein, Brett Ratner and Kevin Spacey.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Streaming Now: Krystle D'souza Turns Gold Digger in Fittrat, Amazon Prime's Modern Love is a Must-Watch
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Sorry Pixel 4 But iPhone Users Can Get Free Unlimited Storage on Google Photos
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring
- 'Only Lionel Messi' Thread on Twitter Proves Why He is the Best in Football