Farhan Akhtar, Ritesh Sidhwai Plan a Web Series Based on Taj: A Story of Mughal India
Farhan Akhtar and producer Ritesh Sidhwani will produce a web series based on Timeri N. Muraris novel Taj: A Story of Mughal India.
Image: File photos of Farhan Akhtar, Ritesh Sidhwani
Mumbai: Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar and producer Ritesh Sidhwani will produce a web series based on Timeri N. Muraris novel Taj: A Story of Mughal India under their banner Excel Entertainment.
They will be entering the digital platform in a big way and will bring out multiple web series, read a statement on behalf of Excel Entertainment.
Directors Zoya Akhtar and Reema Kagti will be developing two other concept-based shows, and Farhan and Ritesh have three shows in the pipeline already.
The first three shows have already been licensed by one digital platform and will be rolled out within a year. The content will be showcased on different digital platforms.
Their flagship show Taj: A Story of Mughal India will begin later this year.
According to a source in the know, the rights to Taj: A Story of Mughal India have already been acquired and it will be directed by a top filmmaker.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough
- Everything You Need to Know About the Area 51 Raid Happening Today
- Your Apple iPhone And iPad Will Get iOS 13.1 And iPadOS Sooner Than Expected
- Huge Hairball Surgically Removed from Teenager’s Stomach By Ludhiana Doctors
- Renault Triber First Drive Review – Economical Genius