Film on Students' Leader Shouldn't Insult Other Unions: MLA
The MLA from Goshamahal in Hyderabad blamed 'George Reddy' for the alleged attacks on ABVP leaders.
George Reddy film poster
BJP MLA in Telangana Raja Singh on Tuesday said he would not hesitate to stall the new Telugu film 'George Reddy', which is to be released soon, if it insulted the unions linked to the BJP.
In a statement given in Hyderabad, Singh said he has no objection to the film, but it should only show facts. The film is reportedly based on the life of George Reddy, a students' leader in the Osmania University of Hyderabad who is said to have fought against inequality and discrimination, the statement said.
George Reddy was murdered in 1972. Congress was in power at the time of murder, the statement said.
The MLA from Goshamahal in Hyderabad blamed George Reddy for the alleged attacks on ABVP leaders.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Karan Patel, Ankita Bhargava Welcome Baby Girl
- Social Media is Melting Seeing Nushrat Bharucha's Bikini Pics from Maldives
- Tata Motors Offers Year-End Discounts Worth Rs 1 Lakh
- PUBG Mobile Addiction: 20-Year-Old Drinks Chemical Instead of Water While Playing Game
- You Can Now Buy a Baby Yoda Toy for Rs 21,000, But Here's the Catch