Filmmaker Vipul Shah Denies Being Duped of Rs 5 Crore
Several media outlets recently reported that a case was registered against three persons for allegedly cheating Shah and his business partner of Rs 5 crore by luring them into investing.
Film producer Vipul Shah. (File photo)
Bollywood producer-director Vipul Shah has denied reports that he has been duped of Rs 5 crore. Several media outlets recently reported that a case was registered against three persons for allegedly cheating Shah and his business partner of Rs 5 crore by luring them into investing in 'iridium business'.
Refuting all such reports, the Namastey London director said, "I was extremely surprised to read the news item published in various media portals of me being duped of Rs 5 crore in Iridium scam. I wish to place on record that the news is completely baseless and untrue and has nothing to do with me. I deny the story in its entirety."
Unconfirmed reports said the person who has been duped happens to be some one else, but also has the name Vipul Shah, and hence the confusion arose.
On the film front, Vipul Shah's latest project was Namaste England, which features Arjun Kapoor and Parineeti Chopra.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Winget Plans to Rewrite Mahabharat with Beyhadh 2? Watch Promo
- 'Education is Right, Not Privilege': What Social Media is Buzzing With After JNU Fee Hike Proposal
- Lata Mangeshkar Continues to be on Life Support, Condition Still Critical, Says Doctor
- WhatsApp Dark Mode is Ready And Awaits Final Release Date; Have Patience Please
- WhatsApp Banning Users in Groups with Suspicious Names: Here's How You Can Stay Safe