'Bhangi' Banter Lands Salman Khan, Shilpa Shetty in Trouble; FIR Filed
An FIR has been lodged against Bollywood superstar Salman Khan and actress Shilpa Shetty Kundra for using the word 'Bhangi' on a public platform as it hurt the sentiments of Scheduled Caste community.
Image: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: An FIR has been lodged against Bollywood superstar Salman Khan and actress Shilpa Shetty Kundra for using the word 'Bhangi' on a public platform as it hurt the sentiments of Scheduled Caste community.
The complaint was lodged on Saturday at the Andheri Police station by Navin Ramchandra Lade, the general secretary of Rojgar Aghari Republican Part of India and a member of Scheduled Cast(MAHAR).
The statement released by Lade's lawyer read: "Salman along with Katrina Kaif on a TV Show stated insulting word 'Bhangi' against the member of the scheduled cast."
"Actor Shilpa Shetty stated in her interview 'I look like bhangi'. it appears from her statement that she is encouraging and spreading ill-feeling among the entire society, he also intentionally insulted members of schedule cast... Both actors have committed offence U/s 3(1)(r)(u) of The SC/ST (POA) Amendment Act 2015, w.e.f 26/1/2016, 7 (1)(c) (d) Protection of Civil Rights Act, 1995."
Lade also mentioned, "I felt insulted and humiliated being a member of Scheduled Caste myself. I feel very pained and hurt due to the insulting statement made by Salman Khan and Shilpa Shetty."
Recommended For You
- ICC World Cup 2019: Chetan Sharma Compares His World Cup Hat-Trick to Shami’s
- Ford Endeavour Rolls Over as Hyundai Santro Crashes into the SUV - Watch Video
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Elon Musk Says 'Occupy Mars' But Uses Picture of the Moon Instead
- Deja Vu? Imran Khan Turning Chauffeur For Emir of Qatar Reminds People of Earlier Example
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s