Gal Gadot Delivers Inspiring Speech On Gender Equality At CCA
Gadot began her acceptance speech by pointing out that the top three films of 2017 "The Last Jedi", "Wonder Woman", and "Beauty and the Beast" were all led by women.
Image Courtesy: Reuters
Los Angeles: As Wonder Woman Gal Gadot received the #SeeHer trophy at the Critics' Choice Awards, the actor kept alive the "Time's Up" spirit and called for gender equality.
#SeeHer award aims to recognise the importance of accurately portraying women across the entertainment landscape.
Gadot began her acceptance speech by pointing out that the top three films of 2017 The Last Jedi,Wonder Woman, and Beauty and the Beast were all led by women.
"Although this is progress, there is still a long way to go," she said.
"We've been witnessing a movement in our industry and society and I want to share this award with all the women and men who stand for what's right," the actor added as she focused on the shift in the industry as a result of the #MeToo movement.
She said that she "will never be silenced. We will continue to band together to make strides uniting for equality."
Alongside Gadot's award, Wonder Woman received three Critics' Choice nominations, for costume design, visual effects, and best action movie. Gadot will team up with Jenkins again for Wonder Woman 2, set for release on November 1, 2019.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- ISL 2019-20: NorthEast United FC vs Chennaiyin FC in Guwahati Postponed Due to CAB Protests
- 'What is Article 370?' Becomes Most Searched Term by Indians on Google in 2019
- Google 2019 Trends: Kabir Singh to Avengers Endgame, Top 10 Movies of the Year
- Pakistani Fans Roast 'Injured' Pacer Hasan Ali for Walking Down the Ramp With 'Rib Fractures'
- News18 Tech & Auto Awards 2019 Celebrates The Intersection of Technology And Automobiles