Game of Thrones Actor and Basketball Player Neil Fingleton Passes Away
According to multiple reports Fingleton suffered heart failure on Saturday.
Image: A still from GoT.
Los Angeles English actor and basketball player Neil Fingleton, best-known for playing Mag the Mighty in "Game of Thrones" had died. He was 36.
Standing at over 7 feet tall, Fingleton was the tallest man in the United Kingdom and among the tallest in the world, reported Deadline. According to multiple reports Fingleton suffered heart failure on Saturday.
A statement posted to the Tall Persons Club group Facebook page on Sunday said, "Sadly it has come to our attention that Neil Fingleton Britains Tallest man passed away on Saturday Our thoughts and condolences go out to his family."
Born in Durham, England in 1980, Fingleton spent eight years in high school and college in the US. He played for the ABA's Boston Frenzy during the 2004-2005 season and later went on to play professionally in Greece, Italy and Spain.
In a 2007 Guinness Book of World Records posting, the 7 ft 7.56 inch Fingleton said he was concentrating on acting after his basketball days and "trying to move to LA soon to jump in with both feet so to speak."
His other credits include "Jupiter Ascending," "Avengers: Age Of Ultron and Doctor Who," in which he played villain "The Fisher King."
Recommended For You
- Watch Keshav Suri, Lalit Hotel Scion and LGBTQ Activist, Dance in Drag With His Mother
- A Star is Born: Astronomers Spot Unusual Space Giant Forming Like a Planet
- The Kapil Sharma Show: Salman Khan and Ranveer Singh Can't Stop Laughing in the New Promo
- WATCH | Runs Made When Team Loses Shouldn't Count: Gambhir
- Egypt Breaks History as It Opens 4,400-Year-Old Tomb Near Giza Pyramid
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s