George RR Martin Turned Down a Cameo in Game of Thrones Season 8, Here’s Why
Martin is currently devoting all his time working on the sixth novel in the Fire and Ice series, called The Winds of Winter.
George RR Martin. (Image: Instagram)
George RR Martin, the author of A Song of Ice and Fire—the bestselling novels on which HBO’s blockbuster fantasy series Game of Thrones is based—has revealed that he was offered a cameo in the show’s final season by its creators David Benioff and Dan Weiss but he turned it down.
“David and Dan invited me to a cameo in one of the final episodes, which I was tempted to do. But I didn’t think just for the sake of a cameo I could take the time to return to Belfast,” Martin told Entertainment Weekly.
Notably, Martin is currently devoting all his time working on the sixth novel in the Fire and Ice series, called The Winds of Winter, which he has been famously writing since the last eight years.
Interestingly, Martin has previously shot a cameo for the show’s pilot episode. However, it never aired because the entire sequence was reshot. Talking about it, he added, “There was a cameo in the original pilot that was cut. I was a guest at Dany’s (Daenerys Targaryen) wedding. But that was when she was played by Tamzin Merchant so all that footage got thrown out when we recast with Emilia Clarke.”
The final season of Game of Thrones premiered on April 14.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Ranveer Singh's Super Romantic Reply to Deepika Padukone's Comment on His Photo is Winning Hearts
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it