Govinda's Nephew Janmendra Ahuja Dies After Suffering Heart Attack, Actor Attends Funeral With Son
Govinda's nephew Janmendra Ahuja, who was also known as Dumpy, died this morning after suffering a heart attack.
Image courtesy: Viral Bhayani
Govinda's nephew Janmendra Ahuja, who was also known as Dumpy, died after suffering a heart attack on Thursday. He was 34. Janmendra, who was Govinda's brother Kirti Kumar's son, suffered a cardiac arrest at his flat in Mumbai's Versova, according to Times of India.
Actress Kashmera Shah, who is married to Govinda's another nephew, actor-comedian Krushna Abhishek, confirmed the news to SpotboyE in a statement. "We have just reached here. Janmendra is no more. It's a natural death. We are deeply shocked." she said.
Janmendra's last rites were held at Pawan Hans Crematorium on Thursday afternoon. Govinda, his son Yashvardan, Krushna and others were present at the funeral to pay their last respects.
Janmendra had directed a film titled Jahan Jaaeyega Hamen Paaeyega which starred Govinda in the lead role. In 2006, he was arrested along with two friends for allegedly molesting the wife of a Maharashtra minister's personal assistant.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- How PM Modi Overtook Donald Trump and Became the Second-Most Followed Leader on Social Media
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- 'Caught in the Moment': Virat Kohli Credits Contemplative Pic to Wife Anushka Sharma
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022