Gully Boy Actor Vijay Varma to Star in Mira Nair's A Suitable Boy
Vijay Varma will play the character of Rasheed, a student at Brahmpur University in the series, which is an adaptation of Vikram Seth's novel of the same name.
Image: Instagram/Vijay Varma
Vijay Varma, who rose to fame with Zoya Akhtar’s Gully Boy, has been roped in to star in Mira Nair's A Suitable Boy, which is his first international project.
In the Indian-American filmmaker's series for BBC World, which is an adaptation of Vikram Seth's much acclaimed novel of the same name, Vijay will be seen playing the character of Rasheed, a student at Brahmpur University, who is also an Arabic teacher.
The story of A Suitable Boy is set in the time after independence and revolves around four families. The novel is divided in 19 parts, each focusing on different sub-plots.
"I am elated to be part of a Mira Nair project. I've been the biggest admirer of her work and cannot wait to make this illustrious story come alive," Vijay said in a statement.
"During the process of screen tests, I read a few parts but it was the character of Rasheed that really attracted me as an actor. I was drawn to it. I'm glad that this project came my way and I'm looking forward to be working with a stellar team," he added.
The shooting of the series is set to begin in September this year.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Recommended For You
- Samsung Tablet Explodes and Burns a Hole in Bed, 11-Year-Old Escapes Unhurt
- 'Tum Se Achcha Kaun Hai' Actress Aarti Chabria Ties the Knot With Boyfriend Visharad Beedassy
- Oppo to Launch World's First In-Display Camera Phone Tomorrow
- 'I am Fine, Recovering & Should Be Back to My Hotel Room Soon' - Brian Lara
- One Pilot Dead, Other Ejected Safely After 2 Eurofighter Jets Crashed in Germany
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s