Happy Birthday Sonu Nigam: The Voice That Still Rules The Heart After 3 Decades of Singing
July 30 is Sonu Nigam's birthday and it's the perfect occasion to celebrate his career and legacy.
Image courtesy: Instagram
Sonu Nigam is arguably one of the most versatile singers in his generation. Nigam began his career by singing covers of Mohammad Rafi songs. Nigam has shown versatility right from his initial songs like Yeh Dil Deewana to O Saathi Mere and Mana Ke Hum Yaar Nahi.
The singer, who has an iconic body of work, has also sung many songs in other languages including Oriya, Tamil, Assamese, Punjabi, Bengali, Malayalam, Marathi, Telugu and Nepali.
Born in 1973 to Agam Kumar Nigam and Shobha Agam Kumar Nigam in the city of Faridabad, the Kal Ho Naa Ho hitmaker began his singing career at the age of four when he joined his father on stage to sing Rafi's Kya hua tera wada. Since then, Nigam accompanied his father on his singing appearances at weddings and parties. He moved to Mumbai with his father to begin his Bollywood singing career at the age of 18. He was trained by Hindustani classical singer Ustad Ghulam Mustafa Khan.
As the singer turns 46 today, we're taking a look back at some of his greatest songs. Did your favourite tune make our list? Check out:
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- ISL 2019-20: Bengaluru FC Begin Title Defence Against NorthEast United at Home
- Amitabh Bachchan Expresses Displeasure on Illness Rumours, Says 'All is Not in the World For Sale'
- Disha Patani and Tiger Shroff Add Star Power to ISL 2019-20 Opening Ceremony
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport