Hema Malini's Debut Punjabi Production Mitti Virasat Babbaran Di Gets Release Date
The film tells the story of five youngsters and is set in today's Punjab against that backdrop of terrorism and drug menace.
Image courtesy: Hema Malini/ Instagram
Veteran actress and BJP MP Hema Malini's first Punjabi production, Mitti - Virasat Babbaran Di, is set to hit the screens on August 23. The film, directed by Hriday Sheetty, tells the story of five youngsters and is set in presentday Punjab against that backdrop of terrorism and drug menace. The movie also draws inspiration from the Babbar Akali movement.
The film marks Hema Malini's debut as a producer of Punjabi films and is also Hriday's first Punjabi movie as a director. "I am happy to be associated with the film. The story is not only inspiring but also topical with regards to what is happening in Punjab today," Hema Malini said.
Hriday added, "The story of mere five Sikhs (Babbars) fighting and sacrificing their life for the country will inspire generations to come. This film is our effort to pay tribute to their courage."
The first poster of the film is out now and the teaser will be out on July 15. It stars Kuljinder Sidhu, Japji Khaira, Jagjeet Sandhu and Nishawn Bhullar.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Recommended For You
- Kia Seltos Bookings to Start from Today, Launch in August
- ICC World Cup 2019 | England Are an Incredibly Diverse Team: Moeen Ali
- Amazon Prime Day Sale: Here is How Much a New Xiaomi Mi TV With Android TV And PatchWall Will Cost You
- 'Should Consider Sharing Trophy in Case of Tie' - New Zealand Coach Stead
- Taapsee Pannu Takes A Jibe at Kabir Singh Director Citing Murder Case of 19-year-old Model