Here's Why Zoe Saldana Was Bullied at School
Actress Zoe Saldana reveals she was bullied at school for being an English speaker.
A file photo.
London: Actress Zoe Saldana reveals she was bullied at school for being an English speaker.
The 38-year-old star, who moved to the Dominican Republic at the age of nine after her father's demise, calls it a "traumatising" experience, reported Femalefirst.
"It was a very traumatising time for me because I didn't know how to stand up for myself. I was never equipped, trained or taught to defend myself. My mother never raised me believing that I was different, so the moment me and my sisters started getting attacked, shock was the first reaction. "Bullies can reach a depth within you that may cause irreparable damage. There were years that I felt ashamed of myself, thinking, 'I should have known better, I should have always stood up for myself," Saldana told Balance magazine.
Recommended For You
- Kerala Floods: Technology Can Help During Natural Disasters And The Devastation Left in Their Wake
- Gold, Satyameva Jayate Box Office Collections Day 2 Early Trends: Both the Films See a Massive Dip
- Nick Jonas is in India With His Parents: Is Priyanka Chopra Going to Make it Official?
- Aashka Goradia Opens Up About her Lip Job: Wanting to Look Better Doesn’t Make You Fake
- Top 2018 Upcoming MPVs in India - Mahindra Marazzo, Maruti Suzuki Ertiga, 7-Seater Wagon R and More