Here's Why Zoe Saldana Was Bullied at School
Actress Zoe Saldana reveals she was bullied at school for being an English speaker.
A file photo.
London: Actress Zoe Saldana reveals she was bullied at school for being an English speaker.
The 38-year-old star, who moved to the Dominican Republic at the age of nine after her father's demise, calls it a "traumatising" experience, reported Femalefirst.
"It was a very traumatising time for me because I didn't know how to stand up for myself. I was never equipped, trained or taught to defend myself. My mother never raised me believing that I was different, so the moment me and my sisters started getting attacked, shock was the first reaction. "Bullies can reach a depth within you that may cause irreparable damage. There were years that I felt ashamed of myself, thinking, 'I should have known better, I should have always stood up for myself," Saldana told Balance magazine.
Recommended For You
- Ranveer Singh Channels His Inner 'Gully Boy', Raps When Stuck in Traffic
- In Pics: Katrina, Jacqueline, Karan Johar Have a Blast at Sidharth Malhotra's Birthday Bash
- Justin Bieber's Mother Raves Over Son's Wife Hailey Baldwin
- 'Africa' by Toto to Play On Loop for Eternity as Sound Installation in Namibia Desert
- WhatsApp Gets Dedicated Button for Group Conference Calls
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s