Here's Why Zoe Saldana Was Bullied at School
Actress Zoe Saldana reveals she was bullied at school for being an English speaker.
A file photo.
London: Actress Zoe Saldana reveals she was bullied at school for being an English speaker.
The 38-year-old star, who moved to the Dominican Republic at the age of nine after her father's demise, calls it a "traumatising" experience, reported Femalefirst.
"It was a very traumatising time for me because I didn't know how to stand up for myself. I was never equipped, trained or taught to defend myself. My mother never raised me believing that I was different, so the moment me and my sisters started getting attacked, shock was the first reaction. "Bullies can reach a depth within you that may cause irreparable damage. There were years that I felt ashamed of myself, thinking, 'I should have known better, I should have always stood up for myself," Saldana told Balance magazine.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Inside Edge 2 Review: The Game Gets Murkier and More Thrilling
- Bigg Boss 13: Will Himanshi Khurana Get Evicted from the House to Save Asim Riaz?
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game