Here's Why Zoe Saldana Was Bullied at School
Actress Zoe Saldana reveals she was bullied at school for being an English speaker.
A file photo.
London: Actress Zoe Saldana reveals she was bullied at school for being an English speaker.
The 38-year-old star, who moved to the Dominican Republic at the age of nine after her father's demise, calls it a "traumatising" experience, reported Femalefirst.
"It was a very traumatising time for me because I didn't know how to stand up for myself. I was never equipped, trained or taught to defend myself. My mother never raised me believing that I was different, so the moment me and my sisters started getting attacked, shock was the first reaction. "Bullies can reach a depth within you that may cause irreparable damage. There were years that I felt ashamed of myself, thinking, 'I should have known better, I should have always stood up for myself," Saldana told Balance magazine.
Recommended For You
- TaxiFabric Co-Founder Named in #MeToo List, Maintains Radio Silence
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4A Pro 49 Review: We Are Rubbing Our Eyes, This Just Cannot be Real
- Bigg Boss 12: Nehha Pendse is the First Celebrity to Get Evicted from the House
- Apple Watch Series 4 Now Available For Pre-Order In India: Here Are The Details
- Customized Maruti Suzuki Baleno With Premium Red Cabin is Hard to Recognize