Hollywood Has Problem with Female Directors: Jodie Foster
She said a fraction of the film industry has been the last area that needs to see a change. Europe, she said, has always been ahead in terms of having women directors.
Los Angeles: Actress Jodie Foster feels Hollywood has a problem with female directors and, like Europe, it should open up.
"I said it and I'll keep saying it - I want to direct and I will direct more than I acted," Foster told hollywoodreporter.com.
She said a fraction of the film industry has been the "last area" that needs to see a change. Europe, she said, has always been ahead in terms of having women directors.
"It's America that's the problem, and it has been for a very long time. We need to bang the head of America to let them know that it needs female directors. Just look at 'Wonder Woman'," Foster said during the premiere of her film "Hotel Artemis".
The movie also features Sterling K. Brown, Sofia Boutella, Charlie Day, Brian Tyree Henry and Dave Bautista. (Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Congress Brutally Trolls PM Narendra Modi with New Game of 'Memory'
- Bhangra at the Border: Indian and Chinese Armies Face Off On the Playing Field and Dance Floor
- Ishqbaaaz Actor Additi Gupta is Now Married. Check Out the First Photos of the Newlyweds
- BWF World Tour Finals: Sameer Verma Beats Tommy Sugiarto, Keeps Knockouts Hope Alive
- OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition Arrives in India: Price, Specifications And More
Countdown To Elections Results
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results