Honoured That Current Generation Still Sings My Songs: AR Rahman
Rahman appeared on children singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs Season 6 to promote the upcoming film Mom
Image: Yogen Shah
Mumbai: Oscar-winning composer A.R. Rahman, who has been a part of the music industry for over 25 years, feels honoured that people of todays generation still sing his tracks.
Rahman appeared on children singing reality show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs Season 6 to promote the upcoming film Mom.
He became nostalgic when he heard 11-year-old Shreyan Bhattacharya sing his popular single Maa Tujhe Salaam.
"Your singing took me back to 1997 when I had sung this composition. There is something going on with this generation, they sing like ‘ustaads' at such a young age," Rahman said in a statement.
"I'm honoured to be here on the sets of ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li'l Champs' and furthermore honoured that the current generation is still singing my songs. I thoroughly enjoyed all the performances and must say that these kids are phenomenally talented and have a long way to go," he added.(Get detailed and live results of each and every seat of the state Assemblies in Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and Mizoram to know which candidate/party is leading or trailing and to know who has won and who has lost and by what margin. Our one-of-its-kind Election Analytics Centre lets you put on the psephologist's hat. Know interesting facts and trivia about the elections. Elections = News18)
Recommended For You
- Samsung Galaxy A9 Review: Are Quad Cameras in a Phone Really Better Than Triple or Dual Cameras?
- Neha Kakkar, Himansh Kohli Split Just 3 Months After Confirming Their Relationship: Report
- 'Try Something New, Come to Italy' - Cristiano Ronaldo's Challenge to Messi
- Scientists Decode How to Survive in Game of Thrones
- Tata Motors Bets Big on Harrier SUV for Sustainable Growth in India
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s