I Don't See Acting As My Career: Shailene Woodley
In an interview with i Newspaper, Woodley said she regards acting as a passion rather than a career.
Image: Getty Images
Los Angeles: Actress Shailene Woodley says she doesn't consider acting to be her career.
In an interview with i Newspaper, Woodley said she regards acting as a passion rather than a career, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
She said: "My end goal as a kid was to be a teacher and act during my summer breaks.
When I was seven, I said: the day I'm on the cover of a magazine I'll quit. When I was around 10, I said: the day it becomes my career I'll quit.
"Even though I do interviews and I'm on magazines, I don't think of it as a career. I won't do a movie unless I get butterflies. If the passion's not there, you're taking up a role someone else would have been better in. That's the beautiful thing about life. You can curate it how you want to."
Woodley is known for hit movies like "The Fault in Our Stars" and Divergent.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Akshay Kumar's Mission Mangal Inches Closer to 100 Cr, John Abraham's Batla House Paces Up at BO
- Couple Find Their Woodstock Photo 50 Years after Iconic Festival
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead