I was Too Aware of My Body at a Young Age, Says Sophie Turner on her Mental Health Crisis
Sophie Turner became a popular name after starring as Sansa Stark in HBO’s blockbuster show Game Of Thrones.
Sophie Turner. (Image: Instagram/Sophie Turner)
Actress Sophie Turner, who battled with weight at a young age, has learnt that she has to put her mental health first, because otherwise she says she’d be “screwed and might actually end up in rehab."
The 23-year-old became a popular name after starring as Sansa Stark in HBO’s blockbuster show Game Of Thrones.
While talking to The Sunday Times, the newlywed opened up about her mental health and how she managed to over come it. "Everyone's metabolism slows down at 17, 18 and then that's documented. My skin and everything. People commenting on it. I was too aware of my body at a young age. And it just kind of took over my mind, it was all I would think about. Calorie counting, everything. Oh, I'll just eat nuts today," she said.
She confessed that she started to get medical help after not having period for a year, reports metro.co.uk. "I've learnt that I have to turn down jobs if I need to lose weight for them because it's not good for my mental health at all,' she admitted.
"You feel so much pressure to say yes, but I've learnt that I have to put my mental health first, beyond anything, otherwise I'm screwed and then I might actually end up in rehab," she said.
The star revealed she was saved by her husband Joe Jonas during the time she was mentally unwell as he helped Turner to love herself.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Recommended For You
- Director Anubhav Sinha Writes Open Letter Ahead of Article 15 Release
- Please Don't Bully Me, Says Lexi Rabe Who Played Tony Stark's Daughter in Avengers Endgame
- Happy Birthday Ariana Grande : 5 Times the Singer's Pictures were Aesthetically Pleasing
- Shah Rukh Khan Rides BMW Motorcycle, Gives Safety Message to Fans - Watch Video
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s