I'd Rather Be Stupid Than Pretend to be Intelligent: Alia Bhatt
Actress Alia Bhatt, who has been trolled a lot on social media, says she would rather be "stupid than pretend" to be smart and intelligent.
Image: Dear Zindagi Poster
Mumbai: Actress Alia Bhatt, who has been trolled a lot on social media, says she would rather be "stupid than pretend" to be smart and intelligent.
"I would rather be stupid than pretend to be intelligent. A lot of energy is consumed in pretending to the world that you know it all. If you preserve this energy, you can use it to learn. True knowledge in acquired by being on the threshold of ignorance," Alia said at an event here on Saturday.
She added: "If I don't know about any singer of the 1970s, I think it is ok. Problem is that it's not okay if you don't have an answer. You get trolled for even getting out of your bed."
The Udta Punjab actress says it would bother her if there are no jokes at her expense.
"One day, if the jokes on me stop coming, I'll be upset. I am either relevant and irrelevant. If I am crossing your mind at any point of the day, I am relevant. So why I should be upset? My father says one day, the flowers will stop coming and you'll be upset. I say one day, the jokes will stop coming, and then I'll be upset," she said.
Recommended For You
- Nutella Goes Nuts as New Italian Rival Looks to 'Spread' Across Markets
- Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal Pre-Wedding Festivities: SRK-Gauri, Aish-Abhishek Shake a Leg
- Nick Jonas' Mother Welcomes Priyanka Chopra to the Family With a Beautiful Post, See Here
- Jeep Wrangler Scores Just 1 Star in Euro NCAP Safety Tests
- Honda X-Blade ABS Launched in India for Rs 87,776 at Vivo Pro Kabaddi League 2018