Idris Elba To Play The Villain In Fast And Furious Spinoff Hobbs and Shaw
Idris Elba is in final talks to play the main villain in "Fast and Furious" spin-off titled Hobbs and Shaw, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.
Image: Instagram/ Idris Elba
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Idris Elba is in final talks to play the main villain in "Fast and Furious" spin-off titled Hobbs and Shaw, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.
Deadpool 2 director David Leitch is on board to helm, with Johnson and Statham reprising their roles as special agent Luke Hobbs and criminal mastermind Deckard Shaw, respectively, reports variety.com.
Fast and Furious architect Chris Morgan penned the script, with production set to commence this fall. The film will see the often-at-odds pair teaming up.
Statham joined the series in the seventh movie The Fate of the Furious in 2017. Hobbs and Shaw will hit the theatres on July 26, 2019.
Recommended For You
- Names Wrongly Spelt, Cheques Without Check at IOA's Asian Games Felicitation
- Who Do You Think is Picture Perfect, Alia Bhatt or the Skies Behind Her?
- Bhupen Hazarika Always Felt That He and Kalpana Lajmi Should Celebrate Their Love Story
- Batti Gul Meter Chalu Box Office Day 2: Shahid Kapoor, Shraddha Kappor's Film Gains Momentum
- GoPro Making a Comeback With The HERO7: Will This be Your Next Action Camera?