Idris Elba To Play The Villain In Fast And Furious Spinoff Hobbs and Shaw
Idris Elba is in final talks to play the main villain in "Fast and Furious" spin-off titled Hobbs and Shaw, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.
Image: Instagram/ Idris Elba
Los Angeles: Hollywood actor Idris Elba is in final talks to play the main villain in "Fast and Furious" spin-off titled Hobbs and Shaw, starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.
Deadpool 2 director David Leitch is on board to helm, with Johnson and Statham reprising their roles as special agent Luke Hobbs and criminal mastermind Deckard Shaw, respectively, reports variety.com.
Fast and Furious architect Chris Morgan penned the script, with production set to commence this fall. The film will see the often-at-odds pair teaming up.
Statham joined the series in the seventh movie The Fate of the Furious in 2017. Hobbs and Shaw will hit the theatres on July 26, 2019.
Recommended For You
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja Shares Adorable Throwback Photo of Anil Kapoor, Rhea and Herself; See Pic
- WhatsApp and Verificado: Understanding the fact checking tool that could be modified for India
- 'Monopoly Cash is Complete': New Lavender 100 Rupee Note Has Left Twitter Colourful
- Nora Fatehi Recreates The Iconic Dilbar Step Looking Hotter Than July
- Kareena Kapoor Khan and Karan Johar Are the Perfect 'Pouting Soul Mates'; Here's Proof