If Badrinath Ki Dulhania Gets Love, We Shall Make a Third Part: Karan Johar
Karan Johar has said he will make a third installment in the Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt-starrer Dulhania series
A still from
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar has said he will make a third installment in the Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt-starrer Dulhania series if its second part receives well at the box office.
Varun and Alia's romantic drama Humpty Sharma Ki Dhulania, produced by Johar, was released in 2014. The trio is now back with its second part called Badrinath Ki Dulhania.
Talking to reporters at the trailer launch of Badrinath Ki Dulhania, Karan said, "We do plan to make a third part in the Dulhania series. The first one got lot of love from audience and if the second one also gets that much love we shall make third part. The team will remain the same."
However, the film's director Shashank Khaitan has clarified that there is no such story in place yet. "We don't have a script in place for the third part. If the second one does well, then only we will make the third one," Shashank said.
The film, which marks third collaboration between Alia and Varun, is set to release on March 10.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'And the Oscar Goes to...': Lazy Horse Acts Dead Every Time Someone Tries to Ride it
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Bigg Boss 13: Abu Malik Says Shehnaz Gill Has Support of Salman Khan
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli