If They Give Me Good Content, I Won’t Think About the Remuneration, Says Bipasha Basu
Bipasha Basu says she has been pigeonholed into the horror space and everyone has forgotten the other films that she has done.
Bipasha Basu. (Image: PTI)
Last seen on the big screen four years ago in Alone (2015), Bipasha Basu Singh Grover is yearning to be a part of content-driven projects even if it means less money.
Talking about it, she told Hindustan Times, “If they give me good content, I won’t think about the remuneration. But those kind of roles have not come to me yet. I think half of them probably avoid me because they think I charge a bomb. But that’s clearly not the reality.”
The 40-year-old, who is best remembered for her roles in horror films like Raaz, Darna Zaroori Hai and Raaz 3D, says she has been pigeonholed into the horror space despite having starred in several films belonging to other genres too.
“I’m still offered horror films. Come on, all my life I did not do just that… I understand that horror films are a multi-dollar business worldwide but I didn’t know that I was going to be stereotyped into it. Everyone forgot what other films I have done,” she said.
On the movie front, the Bachna Ae Haseeno actor, who got married to Karan Singh Grover in 2016, will next be seen opposite him in Aadat, a thriller directed by Bhushan Patel. It will be their second film together after Alone.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Recommended For You
- BS-VI Fuel Available at Same Cost as Regular Fuel in Delhi, Prices set to Increase in April 2020
- Concussion Substitutes Likely Make International Debut in Ashes: Report
- World Emoji Day: There are New Differently Abled, Food, Animal and Saree Emojis Coming to Your iPhone
- Kane Williamson’s World - What if India Had Dared to Embrace it Themselves?
- Big Tech Quartet's Antitrust Hearing Highlights Their Sheer Might and Murky Policies