IIFA Award 2018: Nawazuddin Siddiqui Dedicates His Award to Mom Co-star Sridevi
Sridevi was posthumously awarded the Best Actress for 'Mom'.
Acclaimed Bollywood actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui wins Best Supporting Role (Male) at NEXA IIFA Awards Styled by Myntra. (Image: Viral Bhayani)
"It was once in a lifetime opportunity to work with the first female superstar Sridevi and I dedicate my award as a tribute to her," Nawazuddin tweeted on Monday, a day after the IIFA Awards ceremony here.
It was once in a lifetime opportunity to work wid d first female superstar @SrideviBKapoor & I dedicate my award as a tribute to her.— Nawazuddin Siddiqui (@Nawazuddin_S) June 25, 2018
Living Legend #Rekhaji u stole the show last night, it was an honour to get the award from u.@IIFA 2018 had d best atmosphere ever. pic.twitter.com/YRyaeas2Vo
In the movie, directed by Ravi Udyawar, Sridevi played a mother who sets out to avenge her step-daughter, essayed by Pakistani actress Sajal Ali. And Nawazuddin played a detective who helps her.
Nawazuddin looked dapper as he collected his award from the evergreen actress Rekha, whom he said "stole the show" with her performance at the event.
"Living legend Rekhaji you stole the show last night, it was an honour to get the award from you," he added.
Sridevi's husband-producer Boney Kapoor received the award for her work. He was emotional, and dedicated the honour to the team of Mom.
The actress, whose sudden death in a Dubai hotel earlier this year, was also remembered in a tribute section at the gala, along with late actors Vinod Khanna and Shashi Kapoor.
Recommended For You
- Farhan Akhtar Feels Great as He 'Bumped' into Rumoured Girlfriend Shibani Dandekar, See Post
- Deepika Padukone-Ranveer Singh Wedding: Bollywood Sends Its Best Wishes to the Newlyweds
- DeepVeer Wedding: Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh Share First Pictures as Newlyweds, See Here
- Monster Meteorite Crater, 'Bigger Than Paris', Discovered in Greenland
- The Increasing Prices of iPhones, And Competition From Chinese Phone Companies: Analysis