I'm a Big Feminist: Michael Caine
Caine has revealed that in many of the movies that he has starred in, his female co-stars have been paid the same as him, if not more.
Los Angeles: Actor Michael Caine calls himself "a big feminist".
The 84-year-old actor has revealed that he agrees with the women who are campaigning for more "freedom" and equal rights, reports femalefirst.co.uk.
"Women want more freedom and I agree with that. I am a big feminist," he said.
However, the "Italian Job" star doesn't necessarily believe that the gender pay gap issue exists in Hollywood, despite the recent scandal involving the reshoots for "All The Money In The World", in which Mark Wahlberg was paid $1.5 million, and his co-star Michelle Williams received just $1,000.
But Caine has revealed that in many of the movies that he has starred in, his female co-stars have been paid the same as him, if not more.
"I worked with Elizabeth Taylor and I got about ten per cent of the money she got. I never realised women were underpaid. I worked with Jane Fonda, and they all got more money than me or the same," he said.
Recommended For You
- Last Weekend was the Worst for Bollywood Releases in a Long Time
- Pakistan vs Australia, LIVE Score, Second Test, Day 1 in Abu Dhabi: Labuschagne Leaves Pakistan in Trouble
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4A Pro 49 Review: We Are Rubbing Our Eyes, This Just Cannot be Real
- #90sMoviesIn2018: Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Taught Me a Very Skewed Idea of Beauty
- Bollywood Star Salman Khan Spotted Driving Polaris RZR1000 in Dubai