I'm a Mother to My Children Before Being a Father: Karan Johar
He also added that the vacuum within forced him to take up parenting.
A file photo of Karan Johar.
Mumbai: Filmmaker Karan Johar says he would be shocked and surprised if he comes across a "happy marriage" in the film industry.
"A happy marriage in the industry would really jolt me. I'd be like, 'You're a dinosaur, get out of here'," Karan said at an event on Saturday.
Besides being a successful director, producer and writer, the 44-year-old is the son of acclaimed late producer Yash Johar.
The actor also talked about his new experience as a father to twins via surrogacy earlier this month. The daughter has been named Roohi - a rearrangement of Karan's mother's name Hiroo and the son has been christened Yash - on Karan's late father's name.
"I am a mother to my children before being a father. The vacuum within forced me to take up parenting," he said.
Talking about love, the Student of the Year helmer said "Love is a beautiful thing. I love people who love. Self-pity is the most wonderful thing to be in, but one has to get out of that zone after some time. In today's time love can't heal everything, rather hatred can."
Recommended For You
- Zlatan Ibrahimovic Sticking With LA Galaxy, AC Milan 'Evaluate' Cesc Fabregas
- Reebok FloatRide Run Flexweave Review: Learn From The Past, And Listen to What Your Sibling Tells You
- Kedarnath Box Office Collection Day 2: Sushant Singh Rajput-Sara Ali Khan Film Picks Up Pace
- YouTube Rewind 2018 is Out and Netizens are Calling it the Worst Ever
- Koffee With Karan: KJO's 2.4 Lakh Coat, Badshah-Diljit's Branded Outfit Will Make Your Wallets Cry