I'm An Awkward Person, Says Karen Gillan
Honestly, I'm Martha. I completely understand why I was cast in this role because I'm a pretty awkward person in general, Gillan told Virgin Atlantic's Vera Magazine.
Los Angeles: Actress Karen Gillan says she is a "pretty awkward person" in real life.
The 29-year-old portrays commando Ruby Roundhouse in forthcoming film Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, but she says in real life she is more like her alter-ego's avatar Martha Schwartz, who is a shy bookworm, reports dailymail.co.uk.
"Honestly, I'm Martha. I completely understand why I was cast in this role because I'm a pretty awkward person in general," Gillan told Virgin Atlantic's Vera Magazine.
"But I keep getting cast in these kick a** roles, so I just honestly feel like it's so close to my life," she added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Koena Mitra Accuses Salman Khan of Defending Wrong People
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Facebook Libra is Official, Even Though a Lot of The High Profile Partners Have Left
- Fortnite Season 10 Ends With a Bang And Darkness, But What Exactly Happened?
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day