I'm very proud of Akshara's achievements: Shruti Haasan
Mumbai: Actress Shruti Haasan says she’s “protective” about her younger sisterAkshara, who made inroads into Bollywood with “Shamitabh”.
“I’m very protective about Akshara and also very proud of her achievements. I can’t wait to see her do more and make us all proud,” Shruti, who was here for the launch of the Gap store earlier this week, told IANS.
Daughters of veteran actors Kamal Haasan and Sarika, both Shruti and Akshara are multi-faceted. While Shruti is also a singer-composer, Akshara was active behind the cameras as an assistant director before facing the camera for the R. Balakrishnan directorial.
Shruti, who has starred in Hindi, Tamil and Telugu films, says acting was never on her mind.
“I never planned to be an actress in Bollywood as I never felt I could look the part.
I always wanted to get into music – I am particularly passionate about composing,” she shared.
In the Hindi film industry, Shruti has done films like “Luck”, “Dil Toh Baccha Hai Ji”, “D-Day”, “Gabbar is Back” and “Welcome Back”; among Telugu films, she has been seen in “Gabbar Singh”, “Ramayya Vasthavayya”, “Aagadu” and “Race Gurram”; and in Tamil language, Shruti has starred in “3” and “Poojai”. Her kitty of films is full with five projects as of now. These a include projects like “Puli” and “Rocky Handsome”.
“With five films in the pipeline, I have been really busy with work and have not had the time to compose. I look forward to composing music next year,” she said, and added that she does not feel any different while acting in the southern world after Bollywood.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Slays in Chic Outfit in This Stunning Photo Shoot, Ranveer Singh Takes Full Credit
- India vs West Indies: It's Not IPL so Pressure to Perform Will be Different For WI Batsmen - Chahal
- Motorola Moto E6 Alleged Renders Reveal Textured Back Panel, Single Camera Module
- Vodafone RED Family Plans Priced Rs 598 Onwards Offer Bill Guarantee And One Mobile Bill For an Entire Family
- ‘Cricket Not About Six Pack’: Jayawardane Uses Malinga’s Viral Image to Hail Heroics Against England
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s