Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium Made Tax-free in Maharashtra
Irrfan Khan starrer Hindi Medium has been declared tax-free by the government of Maharashtra, the film's producer said on Thursday.
Image: Youtube/ A still from the trailer of Hindi Medium
Mumbai: Irrfan Khan starrer Hindi Medium has been declared tax-free by the government of Maharashtra, the film's producer said on Thursday.
"I would like to thank Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis for announcing our film Hindi Medium as tax-free in the state. The film has already got a tax exemption in Gujarat. We are very glad to share the news," producer Bhushan Bhushan told media here during a special screening of the film.
Actor Irrfan Khan, who was also present at the screening, said: "This is a great step, more people will watch the movie as it is tax-free now. The film addresses a social issue and it is a family entertainer. So it needs to reach a wider audience. I hope the film gets tax exemption in other states as well."
The screening was attended by celebrities like Imtiaz Ali, Sushant Singh Rajput, Swara Bhaskar, Sonal Chawla, Deepak Dobriyal, among others.
Hindi Medium is releasing on Friday.
Recommended For You
- Asus Zenfone Max Pro Set For April 23 Launch: All we Know so Far
- Throwback Thursday: When Sanjay Dutt Said He'd Marry Madhuri Dixit If Given an Option
- Throwback Thursday: When Aishwarya Rai's Response To 'If She Still Lives With Her Parents' Won Hearts
- India Loses USD 22 Billion a Year in Peak Traffic Hours in 4 Indian Cities: Uber
- Indian Cricketer Hardik Pandya Buys Audi A6 Luxury Sedan Worth Rs 65 Lakh