Jackie Shroff Used to Carry Salman Khan's Photos in Pocket and Ask Producers to Cast Him
Jackie Shroff plays Salman Khan’s father in his latest release Bharat. Though it’s a cameo, he says it is the core of the period drama.
A file photo of Jackie Shroff.
Jackie Shroff says his equation with Salman Khan goes long back, way before he became the invincible superstar that he is today.
Jackie says he would show Salman’s photos to producers and request them to cast him because he always knew that Salman had the potential to become a star.
Talking about their relationship, he told Hindustan Times, “I used to click Salman’s pictures during Falak (his 1988 film) and I used to carry them in my pocket asking producers to cast him. (I asked) KC Bokadia, Subhash ji...to cast Salman. Mujhe lagta tha ye bachcha star banega...He was a bachcha for me, for me he is still a bachcha.”
Jackie plays Salman’s father in his latest release Bharat. Though it’s a cameo, he says it is the core of the period drama. Talking about his role, he said, “For him (Salman) to play my son in Bharat, it is important that he looks up to me. If he can’t look up to me, he can’t play my son or he has to be a very good actor. I am happy to play his father. My role in Bharat is like the film’s spine that stays throughout.”
Directed by Ali Abbas Zafar and also starring Katrina Kaif, Disha Patani, Sunil Grover and Tabu, Bharat released on June 5.
Follow @News18Movies for more.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio Draws Attention to Chennai Water Crisis, Kabir Singh Crosses Rs 100 Cr Mark
- Here's Why Indian Fans are Rooting for Pakistan to Beat New Zealand in World Cup Match
- You Can Now Get Your ‘Made to Order’ Lenovo ThinkPad Laptop; Over 1,00,000 Configuration Options in Tow
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s