Jackky Bhagnani Did 'Spell Check' To Welcome Malala On Twitter
Jackky Bhagnani once misspelled Malala Yousafzai's as 'Masala'.
Mumbai: Actor Jackky Bhagnani, who had once misspelled Nobel Peace Prize winner Malala Yousafzai's name as "Masala" in a tweet, did a spell check on Saturday when he decided to welcome her on social media platform Twitter.
"A world leader we should all be proud of! Welcome to Twitter, Malala. Yes, I did a quick spell check guys," Jackky quipped.
Malala, the Pakistani campaigner who survived being shot in the head by Taliban gunmen, joined Twitter with a call for people to help her fight for girls' education.
On Friday, the 19-year-old sent her first tweets using the Twitter handle @Malala.
Jackky had made the faux pas in her name in 2014, and a year later, he got a chance to meet the Pakistani activist in London. He had called the meeting his "dream" and described Malala his "hero".
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus TV Will be Launched in India in September; Expected to Run Android TV
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Shahid Kapoor Posts Most Adorable Pic of His Son Zain And Netizens Call Him Actor's 'Xerox Copy'
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?