James Wan Says 'The Trench' Will Be 'Monster Horror Movie' Set In Jason Momoa's Aquaman World
Introduced in the Jason Momoa-fronted 'Aquaman', The Trench are aquatic abominations who tormented Aquaman and Mera (Amber Heard) during one of the most intense sequences in the film.
Filmmaker James Wan has revealed that The Trench, spin-off to his 2018 blockbuster Aquaman, will be more of a monster horror film than a superhero movie.
Introduced in the Jason Momoa-fronted Aquaman, The Trench are aquatic abominations who tormented Aquaman and Mera (Amber Heard) during one of the most intense sequences in the film.
In an interview with Comicbook.com, Wan said,"We, you know, we're still deep in sort of crafting the script, crafting the story right now so I don't want to get into that too much."
"But definitely it's one that I really want to lean into the horror of it, so it's going to play more as a monster horror movie than it will as a superhero film, but it's still definitely part of the Aquaman world," he added.
Producer Peter Safran had confirmed in March that Arthur and Mera will not appear in The Trench. He had also revealed that the movie will take place after the first Aquaman.
The makers are planning to release the film before Aquaman 2 which is is scheduled to hit the theatres in 2022.
Follow @News18Movies for more
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- Bigg Boss 13: Sidharth Shukla Down With Typhoid, Undergoing Treatment
- Uber Apologises for Viral Photo of Separate Bathrooms for Employees and Drivers in US Office
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game