Jeremy Irons to Star in Damon Lindelof's Watchmen Pilot
Jeremy Irons to cast in Damon's Lindelof's " Watchmen" Pilot
This image released by Warner Bros. Pictures shows Jeremy Irons in a scene from "Justice League." (Image: AP)
Oscar winner Jeremy Irons will star as the lead in HBO's Watchmen pilot.
Nicole Kassell will direct from Damon Lindelof's script, which will be a new take on Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons' iconic limited comic series, Deadline reported.
The details about Irons' character are being kept under wraps.
The 69-year-old actor joins the already announced cast of Regina King, Tim Blake Nelson, Don Johnson, Louis Gossett Jr, Adelaide Clemens and Andrew Howard.
The plot follows a group of retired superheroes who investigate the murder of their team mate before they stumble upon a deadly conspiracy. They constantly battle with their moral compass, which faces challenges from the difficult situation at hand.
Lindelof recently noted the project is not an adaptation of the 12 issues of the comic but an original story that remixes them.
Lindelof is also attached as executive producer of the pilot, along with Kassell and Tom Spezialy.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Trailers This Week: Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, To All The Boys 2 Prep Audience for Valentine's Month
- Pep Guardiola Annoyed by Empty Stands During Manchester City's FA Cup Win
- Donald Trump's New Space Force Logo is Eerily Similar to Star Trek's Starfleet Command
- Republic Day 2020: A Look at the Fighter Jet Fleet of the IAF: Rafale, Tejas, Sukhoi and More
- India vs New Zealand 2nd T20I Live Streaming: When & Where to Watch Live Telecast on TV & Online