Jumanji To Get Sequel, Will Release In 2019: Sony Pictures
The 2017 movie stars Jack Black, Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Bobby Cannavale, Nick Jonas, Alex Wolff, Madison Iseman, Ser'Darius Blain and Morgan Turner.
A still from 'Jumanji: Welcome to The Jungle' (Image courtesy: YouTube)
Sony Motion Pictures chairman Tom Rothman says 2017 film Jumanji will be getting a sequel, which will release in December in 2019.
Rothman shared the update at Sony's CinemaCon presentation here. He also acknowledged that the release date would pit it against Star Wars: Episode IX, which is set to premiere around the same time, reports variety.com.
The world of Chris Van Allsburg's book Jumanji, narrating the story of a young Alan Parrish getting trapped in a board game, found its way to the silver screen in 1995. Robin Williams was its main lead.
The story was back on the big screen in 2017 with a modern twist. In Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle, a group of high school students gets lost in the jungle after laying their hands on a video game console featuring a version of the game Jumanji.
The movie stars Jack Black, Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, Karen Gillan, Bobby Cannavale, Nick Jonas, Alex Wolff, Madison Iseman, Ser'Darius Blain and Morgan Turner.
No other detail about the plot or cast is out.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Priyanka Chopra Expresses Joy Being Away from Delhi Pollution
- Ranveer Singh Nailing Kapil Dev's 'Natraj Shot' Has the Internet Hooked
- Taylor Swift Fans Come Out in Support After Former Label Blocks Her From Performing Her Old Music
- Photoshopped Image of Cricketer Smriti Mandhana with Lipstick and Fairer Skin Causes Outrage
- Very Few World Class Bowlers in Test Cricket Now: Sachin Tendulkar