Kaala Could Be Pa Ranjith's Fastest Shot Film
As much as 70 per cent of superstar Rajinikanth's upcoming Tamil gangster drama Kaala has been completed.
Poster of Rajinikanth's latest movie Kaala.
Chennai: As much as 70 per cent of superstar Rajinikanth's upcoming Tamil gangster drama Kaala has been completed. The pace at which it is being shot could make it the fastest shot film in director Pa. Ranjith's career, a source has said.
"The team is shooting at amazing pace, making it probably the fastest shot film in Ranjith's career. Nearly 70 per cent of the film has already been completed. The makers are really impressed with the way the film has shaped up," said the unit.
Set against the backdrop of Mumbai, the film features Rajinikanth in the role of a slum lord-turned-gangster.
The film also stars Huma Qureshi, Anjali Patil, Samuthirakani and Pankaj Tripathi.
The project marks the second time collaboration of Ranjith and Rajinikanth after last year's Kabali.
Dhanush is bankrolling the film, and he is rumoured to be playing a cameo in Kaala.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Day 2: Kartik-Ananya's Film Earns Rs 21.43 Cr
- Ekta Kapoor Hints Return of Yeh Hai Mohabbatein with Divyanka Tripathi, Karan Patel
- Star Rated: NASA To Start a 'Robot Hotel' Outside the International Space Station
- Listen To The Past: New Fossil Reveals How Hearing Skill Developed in Mammals